Terms and Conditions
Thank you for your interest in fundraising on behalf of Greenpeace Canada! With the support of committed people like you, Greenpeace will be able to continue to be a strong and effective voice for the planet and for peace
For greater clarity, “fundraiser” denotes the person registering to fundraise for Greenpeace Canada on this webpage. “Fundraising campaign or event” denotes any associated activities taken on by the fundraiser for the purposes of raising funds for Greenpeace Canada. “Donor” denotes any person who donates to a fundraising campaign or event.
Before conducting any fundraising, fundraisers should be aware of and respect the following:
- Greenpeace does not accept funds from governments, corporations, or political parties.
- As a non-profit, Greenpeace cannot issue official donation receipts.
- General Terms and conditions
Fundraisers must agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You must be over the age of eighteen (18) years, OR, if you are under the age of eighteen (18) years, you must have obtained permission to participate from your parent / guardian.
- You give permission for the free use by Greenpeace Canada of your name, image and any content you provide for your fundraising campaign or event on social media, the Greenpeace Canada website or any associated media.
- Greenpeace Canada reserves the right to withdraw your authority to fundraise at any time if your fundraising activities could harm the image, reputation or integrity of Greenpeace Canada. If you wish to conduct additional fundraising activities other than receiving donations through the personal fundraising page provided, please contact us to arrange an authority to fundraise letter to cover your full fundraising activity.
- Legal and financial liability
Review the following section to understand your responsibilities:
- Greenpeace will not be responsible for any legal or financial liability caused before, during, or after a fundraising campaign or event.
- Fundraisers are responsible for any costs incurred before, during, or after their fundraising campaign or event. Greenpeace does not reimburse or provide tax receipts for any fundraising expenses. Be sure that all your costs are covered before sending Greenpeace your contribution.
- When organizing an event, fundraisers are responsible for obtaining insurance and gaming or liquor licenses and paying the associated fees. Please comply with any applicable municipal, provincial or federal regulations.
- Fundraisers are responsible for ensuring health and safety standards are upheld during any fundraising event. Greenpeace will not accept responsibility for any accidents that may occur.
- Net funds raised from offline fundraising events must be sent to Greenpeace Canada within 30 business days of the conclusion of the event.
3. Refund Policy
Donations received support service delivery of Greenpeace Canada’s programs. Funds are regularly remitted and to ensure that funds can be directed to services with confidence, donations are not refundable.
There are some specific circumstances where a donation refund request will be considered. A refund will be granted where a request is made within 30 days of the date of the donation:
- A duplicate donation was processed in error either by Greenpeace Canada or the donor;
- An error is made by a donor when making an online donation;
- An error is made by Greenpeace Canada or our financial institution(s) when processing a donation;
- A donation is made by a donor other than an individual or charitable or non-profit organization.
- Unauthorised use of payment method is proved.
Greenpeace Canada is a non-profit organization and we reserve the right to deduct any bank or transaction charges for any refund processed onto the donor.
Greenpeace Canada management will not approve a refund for a donation in the following instances:
- Where a supporter has a change of mind and asks for a donation to be returned;
- A donation has been received and receipted in a previous financial year;
- A donation cannot be credited back to the original method of payment;
- A fundraiser does not participate in or complete the challenge or event for whatever reason.
Refunds must be approved or denied by Greenpeace Canada’s Fundraising Director.
Thank you so much for your passion, time, and efforts - Greenpeace is a people-powered organization, and your support is essential to our success!
If you have any concerns or questions about this, please contact us.